» Wolf River CC News
Wolf River CC News
Two happy Wolf River CCW graduates ready to apply for their WI carry permits!
New class dates for 2019! Sign up now!
All classes and optional shooting are at New London Fish and Game Club, N5433 Old Highway 45, New London.
- Classroom instruction is from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with optional shooting in the afternoon. Cost of the class is $80 cash or check only.
- Optional live-fire shooting is from 1-2:30 p.m. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! We will furnish a variety of small handguns you may try if you do not have a handgun. Cost for shooting is $30. Ammo is $20 for 25 rounds. You may pay to shoot (cash or check) on the day of the class if you have not already.
Get your WI concealed carry permit in 4-1/2 hours. What are you waiting for?
A $30 deposit is required to hold your spot. Mail your check (payable to Wolf River Concealed Carry LLC) to: Wolf River Concealed Carry, P.O. Box 45, Readfield, WI, 54969.
Protect yourself and your family by taking one of our concealed carry classes. Complete classroom instruction to get your Wisconsin concealed carry (CCW) permit in one morning!
You may bring your own guns and ammo, or try our many small handguns in several calibers and “try before you buy.”
- Aug. 17, 2019: Three students and one shooter. Hot weather on the shooting range, but the new shooter shot very well and found out which handgun she likely will buy! Shoot before you buy a gun so you don’t make a mistake or waste money on a gun that doesn’t fit you or has more recoil than you can handle!
- Feb. 23, 2019: Huge class (18 students) and lots of good questions! Two brave shooters shot in the snow and cold and picked up some great pointers! The food was delicious, too!
- Nov. 3, 2018: 3 students (2 women, one man) asked plenty of questions and learned a lot! One woman shot for the first time and did very well! Last class of 2018! Thanks, everyone!
- Oct. 13, 2018: 7 students (2 women, 5 men) who all received perfect scores on the written tests! A first! Two eager shooters learned the basics of close-range combat.
- June 30, 2018: 3 young students at New London Fish and Game. Lots of good questions!
- June 2, 2018: 5 students at Digger’s Bar in Stephensville! The owners provided lunch!
- March 24, 2018: 13 students and 7 shooters brave blustery winds and enjoy some great food!13 more CCW grads!
- Feb. 24, 2018: 12 students and 3 shooters! Great class and 12 more CCW grads ready to get their carry permits!
- January 2018: Sign up now for a concealed carry class and quality to apply for your permit in one morning!!
- Nov. 4: 5 students and one spouse with a CCW permit who asked great questions and listened intently. Check our Facebook page for photos!
- Oct. 21: 10 students at Hortonville’s Opera House! Many good questions and enthusiasm.
- Sept. 23: Five fun students (including two who shot) graduated and are applying for their permits!
- June 24: Three students and one spouse learn CCW! Very enthusiastic class!
April 8, 2017: Our second class in Shiocton. Another six students qualified for their WI permit applications.
- April 1, 2017: Our first-ever women’s only class in Shiocton! Six women qualified to apply for their CCW permits.
- Feb. 25, 2017: Nine brave students drove on icy roads to our first-ever Hortonville class! Thanks to the village of Hortonville for helping us organize this class held in Hortonville’s Opera House. Nobody shot that day because it was just too darned cold, but everyone obtained their certificates to apply for their Wisconsin concealed carry permits!
- Feb. 18, 2017: Five students took our class and one enjoyed the 60-degree weather on the shooting range! Great group! The food was also delicious as usual.
- Oct. 15, 2016: A dozen signed up to take our class at Bean City Ballroom, with shooting at New London Fish and Game Club. Thanks to all students in 2016 for their support!
- March 12, 2016: Five more students and six shooters complete their class/training! The total number of CCW holders in Wisconsin is now about 284,000! Wolf River Concealed Carry LLC has trained more than 500 of these! Thanks to all my past students. We are looking forward to helping all our future students, too. Sign up now…why wait??
- Jan. 16, 2016: NEAR RECORD class of 22 students and 10 shooters (2 shooters waited for a warmer day!) We are seeing much interest in classes and they are now filling up fast. We are now using New London Fish and Game Club in New London for both the classroom and shooting. We thank everyone at this fine club for their tremendous support and help. It’s only $15 for a one-year membership if you need a great place to shoot. Trap shooting is available most Sundays, too.
- November 2015: A recent student reported receiving her CCW permit with number 273xxx! So 273,000 Wisconsin residents now have their permits! Let’s keep this number growing. Maybe you will be number 300,000!
- Sun., July 12, 2015: We had a fun private class of nine Greenville-area folks were were loads of fun, and seven enjoyed the shooting range, too! Best of all, they all brought their own guns and many of them shot as well as seasoned shooters, even though they were not! It’s always fun to see what a variety of people want to learn to protect themselves with a handgun.
- Sat., July 11, 2015: Seven more graduates and four shooters! The state Dept. of Justice reports we are now at 260,000 concealed carry permit holders and counting! Woo-hoo!
- May 16, 2015: Seven more graduates ready to get their CCW permits! We also had four shooters, including a husband-and-wife duo and two guys who just wanted to learn basic handgun shooting! Whether you want to get your carry permit or just want to learn to shoot handguns, we can do both for you!
- 17 students graduated on April 18, 2015! We also had four shooters, including one woman who was an absolute natural! She put 4 rounds on target that could have been covered with a quarter at 7 yards. Whether you are a natural or not, we will help you shoot better and defend yourself if the time ever comes for that.
- 13 students graduated on Sat., March 14! One student was a former IL police officer with lots of stories to share! We did not shoot today, but these students are welcome to shoot with our April 18 class!!
- 9 enthusiastic students on Sat., Dec. 13! Six shooters honed their shooting skills at the New London range (Fox Valley Muzzleloaders club). Our last class of 2014! Thanks to everyone who took our classes this year and a special welcome to those of us considering a class in 2015. We will not have a class in Jaunary, but are looking at February 2015. Call us at 920-740-5402 and help us select a date that will meet your needs! We also have gift certificates available for those hard-to-please family members and friends. Give the gift of personal protection and self-defense!!!
- Great and eager class of 6 on Sat., Sept. 13! The state says we now have about 254,000 people with concealed carry permits! I’m happy to add a few more to that powerful, armed citizenry!
- Ross Bielema of Wolf River Concealed Carry spoke to Wolf River Area Patriots group of the Tea Party at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 26. 2015 at the Washington Center in New London, WI. We discussed 2nd Amendment issues, concealed carry and why businesses are increasing their liability by posting “no guns” signs.
We signed up a few people for our Sept. 13 class, too! This conservative group is really working to protect our constitutional rights!
- Great class May 3–a total of 19 citizens completed their course! This was one of our larger classes. We had a wide range of ages and a total of 12 women! Let me assure you that we will make you feel welcome and work with you no matter what your age or sex. Get your CCW permit (some call it CCP or concealed carry permit) now!
Heard news that we now have more than 214,000 CCW permit holders in WI! No shootouts, no crazed gun owners on rampages as the antis predicted. No surprise here, because all states now have some form of concealed carry and the people who go through the trouble of permits, fees, classes and all the rest are not the ones to worry about!
We are all ambassadors for concealed carry, so be on your best behavior and don’t give the antis any excuse to point a finger at us.
By the way, FBI reports show violent crime is down 5 percent nationwide! Any guesses why? I think most of us CCW holders know! Criminals fear armed citizens much more than the police, because there are more of us, for one reason! Please read “More Guns, Less Crime,” by John Lott Jr. for lots of statistics and facts to keep your anti-gun friends at bay! I have a few copies of the newest edition available for sale if you call me. 920-982-1719.
Great class Feb. 22, 2014!! We had 11 students who braved the snow and cold to come and learn concealed carry! Unfortunately, the snow at our shooting range was too deep for shooting. ANYONE who takes our class may shoot at a later class date for the same $30 fee, plus ammo. You may use your own handgun and ammo, but you can try any of our handguns for free (if you pay for ammo).
Our final class of 2013: Sat., Nov. 16 (8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) at Bean City Ballroom, N2505 Bean City Road, New London, with shooting (1-2:30 p.m.) at the nearby Fox Valley Muzzleloaders Club (we caravan there). Food and drinks available. Cost: $80 for classroom, $30 for optional shooting and $20 for 25 rounds of ammo (you may use your own gun and ammo for the shooting portion). Graduates qualify to apply for their WI concealed carry license. You will receive an application form, graduation certificate and Wisconsin Dept. of Justice curriculum book. You must apply for the permit and pay the $40 application fee (formerly $50!)
Call 920-982-1719 to apply! A $30 deposit is required.
Sat., Nov.2: Six enthusiastic students with lots of good questions! Our second class at Tew’s Two Sporting Goods, 16th and Main streets, Oshkosh, was a big success. Tew’s even had a couple pizzas delivered for our hungry students! Thanks, Henry and Tiger. We hope to have another class here in winter or early spring.
Oct. 12: Six students and 2 shooters! A wide range of ages and shooting experience! Be sure to check out our Facebook page for photos of most classes!
Aug. 13: We are happy to announce the premiere of our You Tube video!!
This was professionally produced by Lance Stratton of Oshkosh. Please watch it and give us some comments! Thanks to all our past students for getting us this far. We couldn’t do it without you. Our class at Bear Lake Resort near Manawa was featured in this video, along with live-fire shooting at Fox Valley Muzzleloader Club in New London.
Wolf River Concealed Carry video
Saturday, Aug. 24 is the next class date!! Call 920-982-1719 to sign up!
July 13, 2013: Another good class with six students and three shooting! With summer here, many people are on vacation or busy with family and fun. This is a great time to sign up, because we offer a little more personal attention and have extra time to answer more of your individual questions and help you with your personal firearms. Sign up now for the next class: Just call 920-982-1719 to get the ball rolling!
July 1. 2013: Big news from the WI Department of Justice: With the governor’s new budget, WI concealed carry permit applications will only cost $40! They originally were $50, then for June were $43. Included in this will also be a reduction in the cost of a records check when you buy a handgun, from $13 (some shops charged $15) to $10. Be sure you use the most current application form when sending for your permit.
Go here for the current permit form if you aren’t sure:
WI Dept. of Justice CCW application form.
June 15: Go to our Facebook page to see photos. Our first class in Oshkosh (Tew’s Two sporting goods shop). See a shot of two graduates above!
June 8: Check our Facebook page for photos.
May 4: A great class with exceptional weather and plenty of sunshine on the shooting range! Check out all the photos at our Facebook page:
We now require a $30 non-refundable deposit to sign up. You can send us a personal check, money order or cash. We’ve had too many no-shows. If you can’t make the class you sign up for, you can apply your deposit for another class. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please visit our Facebook page for more up-to-the-minute stories on concealed carry, self-defense and gun issues, including photos of our last class!
Thanks for choosing Wolf River Concealed Carry LLC as your concealed carry instruction. We will do our level best to make sure you are well-trained and have a good time, too.
9-22-12: Another great class with 8 new graduates! Lots of questions and hands-on training, with four shooters (including 2 women). One of the women was a brand-new shooter and she tried the .32 Beretta, .380 Taurus, 9mm H&K Squeezecocker, .38 Special revolvers (2), .40-caliber Glock and .45 Kimber!
This is exactly why we feel Wolf River Concealed Carry LLC has the advantage over other area classes that only offer classroom training. This young woman had never shot a handgun before, but legally, she only needed to take the classroom portion. Fortunately she had the common sense to realize that she needed to try a few handguns and do some shooting before spending $300 or more on a handgun!
Would you buy a car without a test drive? Would you learn to drive a semi-truck without ever getting behind the wheel? I hope not!
Now she can have a better idea of which handguns fit her grip and which handguns she can shoot effectively (although she was small, she had no problem handling the recoil of a .45 ACP). Not everyone can handle that much recoil, but you won’t know until you shoot!
Whether you are from New London, Oshkosh, Appleton, Neenah or anywhere in northeast Wisconsin, you owe it to yourself to take the best WI concealed carry class around: Wolf River Concealed Carry LLC! Thanks for reading!